The kitchen is where holiday memories happen, whether it’s baking with kids, getting every inch of your kitchen covered in flour or trying to master grandma’s secret recipes . . . Spritz cookies anyone? Before the the season descends, stock up on a few essentials and get your kitchen ready for a season of cookie/chocolate/cake/pie adventures.
16 Kitchen Essentials to Get Ready for the Holiday Baking Season
1. DIY Kitchen Towel: With lots of baking comes many, many messes. But when towels are this easy and fun to personalize, you won’t even mind wiping up yet another creation
2. Snowflake Dough Cutters: Cover a pie with these snowflake embellishments for some serious kitchen cred. Or make cookies or chocolates. Whatever. Snowflake cookie cutters are a seal of approval.
3. Silpat Silicone Cookie Sheet Liners: Save yourself from last-minute trips to the store to get wax paper or spray grease and invest in one of these cookie sheet liners. These liners are the secret ingredient to pastry perfection… and they make baking cleanup a breeze.
4. Cupcake Notepad: Stick this cute notepad in your junk drawer or on top of your counter for quick note jotting and recipe creating.
5. Cookie Stamps: The set from Nordic Ware is classically beautiful and will simply imprint with magical Christmas-y goodness.
6. HandMade Maple Cookie Jar: This beautiful jar can hold onto all your beautiful cookies until you open the lid and dive in.
7. Holiday Cookies Baking Book: How many times have your baking aspirations been crushed by an ingredient list a mile long? When you don’t have the time or budget to spend on lengthy recipes, grab some ideas out of this awesome cookbook and check holiday baking off your to-do list.
8. Cupcake Stand: You put a lot of work into decorating those little cupcakes so obviously they deserve to be displayed in style on a throne.
9. Le Creuset Apple Tarte Tartin Pan: Any baking enthusiast knows Le Creuset is famous for offering slow, steady heating, so tarts, pies, cobblers and quiches are evenly cooked.
10. Measuring Wooden Spoons: Could measuring spoons be any more beautiful? These spoons say “Forever” to me
11. Tivoli Radio: The best inspiration is music, so tune into your fave station that will be playing holiday tunes from now until December 26 and keep the momentum going in the kitchen. My husband just bought me one for my birthday which also happens to fall on #NationalChocolateDay and the sound quality is beyond.
12. Custom Holiday Rolling Pin: Whether your holiday baking plans involve intricate pastries or making sugar cookies with the kids, every kitchen deserves one of these pretty, custom rolling pins.
13. Holiday Spatula: Not only is this spatula totally festive, it doubles as decor when it sticks out of your utensil canister. I love this multipurpose tool!!
14. Pastry Blender: I have made pie crusts every which way but the way to make a pie crust for the best outcome (after all those long hours of creation) is to use a proper pastry blender. You know I’m right!
15. Holiday Baking Team Sweatshirt: A perfect way to get your friends and family (possibly husband??) in on the baking fun is with these super awesome sweatshirts. Once they feel part of a team, then they will be even more inspired to bake.
16. Printable Hershey Kiss Labels: The best part Christmas is giving sweets to all friends and neighbors. You could give hershey kisses right in the bag or you could put a little twist on them by printing off these FREEBIES!
What essentials would you add to this list? Tell us what you’re looking forward to baking in the comments below!
P.S. Join the Chocolate Adventures HERE